Just thought I'd try to keep y'all updated as I move on as the SJC S'n'B distance correspondent! Working at the LYS has been great fun, and I've had a lot of knitting time in-between wedding planning!
A few highlights:
* Progress made on the laminaria lace I was working on at the end of the year, though it's still far from done!
* A linen stitch bag I've design for DPNs that's being test knit before I release it on my patterns blog.
* A tank top I made out of crystal Palace summer net, a great summer yarn. It's only that see through when there's a camera flashing at my chest!
* A crochet dishcloth with popcorn stitches and faux cables.
* A heart for Paul!
* my second pair of socks -- they're a secret surprise for paul. I'm going to deliver them before the wedding with a note saying "in case of cold feet" !
* The headband I made for Anna for her birthday!
* And the last two are knit up swatches of my handspun yarn. Both are 2-ply, the blue/gold is silk, and the pink/brown is merino. I might be acquiring a used spinning wheel soon, and I'm very excited about that! I hope you all are doing well! I miss you!
Monday, March 3, 2008
This is the scarf I started in the fall for Everett's wife.
The close up (and a better picture of the color):
Pattern: Cobbled together from stitch patterns used in the Dover Shawl in Victorian Lace Today
Yarn: KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud in Moss
Needles: Size 3